Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Photos and Fabric Project

I have a fun fabric project to show you today. This one is using the "Fruit Basket" and "Vegetable Harvest" sets from the Shady Tree Studio line at Cornish Heritage Farms. I made these tea towels and then stamped in Versacraft ink from Tsukineko. I colored the images with my copic markers. I used scraps of my Michael Miller Fabrics and tied the colors together with hot ribbon by Junko. I carry one of these along with me to certification events so you may have seen one up close.
Here is a closer shot of the stamping....the artichoke and the olive are my favorites!
We had a fabulous weekend with family and GORGEOUS thanksgiving weather! I posted some pictures if you are interested....keep scrolling.
The tradition lives on....early in the season Grandma is out in the pumpkin patch scratching the names of each grandchild into the pumpkins...as they grow the name scars over the pumpkin. We all LOVE that! These now sit at my front door....my most favorite of all our thanksgiving decor....Thanks Grandma!
Here is my son with his pumpkin. We could only bring one of his home, the other one stayed in the field...it was HUGE! Too heavy to bring home:)
A quick close shot of my daughter enjoying the sunny day. We were loading up on the trailer making our way up the hill and to the back of the property to enjoy the marvelous view!
My son running around, I love the joyous expression on his face!
My father in law snapped this photo of Mike and I. We both really enjoyed the day at the farm, we have so much to be thankful for.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend too.
Back to my studio.....and it is all clean too (bonus)!

4 comments:

Linda Carson said...

What cool towels! These would make fabulous gifts! Love the pumpkin tradition that I'm sure will be passed down for generations!

liannallama said...

oh, wow! Those are spectacular! Thanks for the awesome idea!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sherrie! Those pumpkins are amazing - I'd never heard of scratching them to form the names. I'll have to try that next season. And.... those tea towels are fabulous!!! Is there a CHF tutorial in the works?

Dipped Fruit said...

This is a good Thanksgiving fruit idea